Congratulations on successfully registering for the 2017 A Night In A Box! Now it is time to help you in preparing to make this years event as special as possible. Here are some suggestions to help get you on your way:
1. To the right of this text you will see a request to "Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or email." Signing in with Facebook is our preferred sign in process as it ties our site in closely with Facebook. You can also use the email sign in process on this page. In a few minutes you will also receive an email requesting you to "Click here to activate your account." Completing this step also provides you with your "public profile" page URL. This is the page that you can direct donors to so that they can sponsor your fundraising efforts. Once you complete the account activation step you will need to configure your public profile page with your fundraising goal as well as information around why you are seeking fundraising assistance.
On your profile page you might want to say something like this: Hello Friends, I have committed to spending A Night In A Box in order to raise support for our neighbors in need. Will you please help me reach my fundraising goal of $____? Blessings to you all! Your Name Here
2. How should I go about getting people to sponsor me?
Effectively communicating your goal to friends and family asking for their generous support can happen several ways. Here are three suggested approaches for getting the word out:
- Social Media is a powerful asset. Others have had success posting a video (or picture) asking for support using the personal fundraising link associated with the www.anightinabox.com website. You will receive this link via email. Here is an example of a video created and shared in the past: https://www.facebook.com/bart.tilly/videos/10204856036864528/?pnref=story
- Good old fashioned email, phone calls and letters have proven to be an effective mechanism for spreading the word.
- Placing a donation box in an office setting can also work.
3. What is the event agenda?
|6:00 p.m. Arrival and box city set up|
|7:30 p.m. Dinner is served|
|8:30 p.m. Program starts on stage area - Best Box Award, Top Fundraisers & Testimonies|
|11:00 p.m. Time of reflection in our boxes|
|11:00 p.m. Quiet time|
|6:30 a.m - 8:00 a.m. Clean up and tent city departure|
4. What should I bring to the event?
- A cardboard box and a weather resistant cover/tarp to protect your box in case of rain or snow.
- A warm sleeping bag and pillow
- Warm clothing
- A great attitude