A Night In A Box doesn't happen without help from passionate stakeholders like you. Some of the they key activities we need help with are:
1) Event set up
2) Event clean up
4) Parking & traffic coordinator
5) Help with food and drinks
Please join us in making this years A Night In A Box a huge success!Become a volunteer
$8,425.00 raisedGOAL: $30,000.00
Thank you for helping us reach our 2018 goal of raising $30,000. Every dollar we raise goes towards providing food, shelter, love and support for our brothers and sisters in need.Donate
Bart Tilly posted about Sign Up & Register on Facebook 2015-09-30 08:38:35 -0700Check out A Night In A Box. I just joined.
Please create an account on A Night In A Box so that you can participate in our online community. Once you create an account you will be able to register for events, sign up as a volunteer, share your story, etc. Thanks for being a part of our team!Sign up
Bart Tilly commented on Share Your Story 2015-09-24 20:47:12 -0700My journey with Lighthouse Christian Ministries began five years ago on a cold and rainy night in January. My youngest son and I just completed a father/son dinner and were headed home when a random thought popped into my mind about visiting the Lighthouse Soup Kitchen. This thought led to a detour that has changed my life forever.
From the moment I walked in the door of The Lighthouse, I knew that something special was going on. I was expecting to encounter a grim environment that would be uncomfortable at best. To my surprise, I witnessed heartfelt love, compassion and encouragement for those in need of a helping hand. The joy I saw in the Lighthouse staff and volunteers was overwhelming. Right before my eyes, I was witnessing reality to the words “it is more blessed to give than it is to receive.”
This random visit has blossomed into a major pillar in my life. Getting an opportunity to be part of a broad community effort to help those with the greatest needs is beyond rewarding. The Night In A Box event is a great example of how our community has pulled together to raise awareness for the challenges associated with homelessness. Here are five things that everyone should know about this very important event:
1. Night In A Box started in December 2012 when Shawn Arington (Lighthouse Executive Director) told me that he was going to sleep on the sidewalk until we had raised the required funds to open the doors of the Gospel House Emergency Shelter. I thought that this was the craziest idea I had ever heard which meant that I, of course, had to join him. Todd Strahm and Kevin Kennedy also joined in the fun.
2. That our community rallied behind this great cause which resulted in the Gospel House doors opening in mid-February 2013.
3. That the Gospel House Emergency Shelter has capacity for 85 men and women/children.
4. That A Night In A Box has helped us to raise the funds required to purchase the Gospel House building.
5. The Gospel House charges a small fee for nightly visitors. These fees help the Gospel House to be nearly self sustaining.
We love to hear stories about how spending A Night In A Box has impacted event participants. Please share your experience with us so that others can be inspired by this powerful event.Send story
Will You Please Sponsor Me In The 2018 A Night In A Box Event?
A Night In A Box is more to me than just spending one cold night on the streets. Instead it has become a annual event that helps ground me in what is truly important in life. It provides me an opportunity to serve others before myself and it humbles me in very positive ways. Will you please consider sponsoring my efforts to help raise money to support our brothers and sisters in need?